The Canner Funds provide an avenue of continued support for District students, programs, and initiatives that go beyond what can be funded through the basic operating budget. Contributions directly support the education programs that benefit students and, in turn, the Upper Adams Community.
Upper Adams Canner Funds recently awarded $10,100 in grants to more than 20 teachers for a variety of classroom activities and materials. Activities included field trips to Envirothon, Washington D.C., calculators, STEM kits, health and wellness materials, AP class supplies, support for Color Day and Cultural Arts Days, and more! These are items that would not have normally been funded through the school district’s budget that the Canner Funds Advisory Board felt strongly about supporting to further enhance the opportunities and experiences for children attending Upper Adams School District.
2019-2020 School Year Grant Awards
Below is a partial list of grants awarded:
- Biglerville High School – Harman – AP Art Equipment
- Biglerville High School – Meeson– Factile Subscription – Jeopardy style learning program for math
- Upper Adams Middle School – Kistler – “Envirothon”
- Bendersville/Arendtsville Elementary – Hertzog – Calculators
- Bendersville Elementary – Kuntz – Sound equipment for learning support students
- Biglerville/Bendersville/Arendtsville Elementary – Glassman – STEM Kits
- Biglerville/Bendersville/Arendtsville Elementary – Fine Arts Team – Cultural Arts Day