The Canner Funds provide an avenue of continued support for District students, programs, and initiatives that go beyond what can be funded through the basic operating budget. Contributions directly support the education programs that benefit students and, in turn, the Upper Adams Community.
Upper Adams Canner Funds recently awarded nearly $10,000 in grants to 20 teachers for a variety of classroom activities and materials. Activities included field trips to Penn State’s Chemical Reactor for high school Chemistry Students; Washington, D.C. and the Smithsonian Museums for 7th-grade students; and Hershey Medical Center to view live surgery for anatomy and physiology students. Materials awarded included books, musical instruments, physical education equipment, classroom technology, support for the high school musical, a 3D printer, STEM club support, and more.
TEACHER APPLICATION AND REPORTING
Teachers, please use the link(s) below to submit your grant applications and/or final reports upon the completion of the use of your awards.
Teachers: Click here to download and print a hard copy of the grant application questions. To submit your application, refer to your email for the link!
Teacher Final Reports, click here.
2018-2019 School Year Grant Awards
Below is a partial list of grants awarded:
- Biglerville High School – Mrs. Kelley – “High School Musical”
- Biglerville High School – Mrs. Lieberum – “Field Trip to the PSU Chemical Reactor”
- Upper Adams Middle School – Mr. Taylor – “Envirothon”
- Bendersville Elementary – Mrs. King – “Wireless Microphone”
- Arendtsville Elementary – Mr. Gomez – “Dictionaries and Thesauri”
- Biglerville Elementary – Mrs. Long – “Math Learning Center”
- Arendtsville & Bendersville Elementary – Mrs. Gerlitzki – “Ukeleles”