The Canner Funds provide an avenue of continued support for District students, programs, and initiatives that go beyond what can be funded through the basic operating budget. Contributions directly support the education programs that benefit students and, in turn, the Upper Adams Community.
Upper Adams Canner Funds recently awarded nearly $10,000 in grants to 25 teachers for a variety of classroom activities and materials. Activities included field trips to Laurel Lake and Eisenhower Farm for environmental studies by 6th-grade students; Washington, D.C. and the Smithsonian Museums for 7th-grade students; and Hershey Medical Center to view live surgery for anatomy and physiology students. Materials awarded included library books, lab and science experiment equipment, digital document cameras, flexible seating and stability balls, sound system equipment, calculators and protractors, physical education equipment for special needs students, problem-solving kits to promote higher-order thinking skills, classroom presentation hardware, and calculus assessment software.
TEACHER APPLICATION AND REPORTING
Teachers, please use the link(s) below to submit your grant applications and/or final reports upon the completion of the use of your awards.
Teachers: Click here to download and print a hard copy of the grant application questions. To submit your application, refer to your email for the link!
Teacher Final Reports, click here.
2017-2018 School Year Grant Awards
Below is a partial list of grants awarded:
- Biglerville High School – Mr. Howell – “Welding Supplies”
- Biglerville High School – Mrs. Showers – “Live Surgery”
- Upper Adams Middle School – Mr. Taylor – “Owl Pellet Dissection”
- Upper Adams Middle School – Mrs. Smith – “Calculators/Protractors”
- Bendersville Elementary – Mrs. Kissner – “Chesapeake Bay Foundation Trip”
- Arendtsville Elementary – Mrs. Shaffer/Mrs. Neely – “Eisenhower Farm Trip”
- Biglerville Elementary – Mrs. Glassman – “Library Books”