The Canner Funds provide an avenue of continued support for District students, programs, and initiatives that go beyond what can be funded through the basic operating budget. Contributions directly support the education programs that benefit students and, in turn, the Upper Adams Community.
Upper Adams Canner Funds recently awarded $12,000 in grants to 23 teachers for a variety of classroom activities and materials for the 2022-2023 school year. Teachers in all buildings will benefit from classroom supplies and materials, educational opportunities, and extra curricular support to help students of the Upper Adams School District have an even more well-rounded opportunity for education and advancement.
Here are a few Canner Fund recipients and projects awarded this year:
- Mr. Berger (UAMS): Field trip to the Gettysburg Battlefield
- Mrs. Gardner (BMS/BHS): Cardio room equipment
- Ms. Seils (UAIS): School art mural
- Mrs. Wilkinson (UAIS): Hygiene bags for Sole Sisters
- Mrs. Weigle (BES): Hands on Learning
- Mrs. Carey (BES): Seesaw in the Classroom
These are items, among many others, that would not have normally been funded through the school district’s budget that the Canner Funds Advisory Board felt strongly about supporting to further enhance the opportunities and experiences for children attending Upper Adams School District.